Friday, August 3, 2007

Alvan--Kansas

You meet the neatest people in the mall. I spotted Alvan one Saturday morning and asked if I could take his picture. He didn’t seem to understand and so I found his adult daughter and asked her. Well, no wonder he didn’t understand: he wears a Cochlear implant. I guess I didn’t make myself clear. Alvan also has damaged legs, which explains his wheel chair. He’s awfully proud of his hat. “My daughter gave it to me,” he finally said. Then he posed with that pleasant smile. (July 2007)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Paul, you're such an inspiration, did you realize that? I'd never have the courage to ask total strangers if I could take their pictures for my blog. Although...I do rather want to take one of our 'American Mall Mounties'...maybe someday!