Sunday, January 5, 2014

Jeannine -- North Dakota



My niece Jeannine had a major flashback recently. She found this picture of herself from back in the late 60s/early 70s when she was a kid. Her family (my brother’s family) lived near San Francisco CA during the height of the Haight-Ashbury “Human Be-In.” I think she has always longed to “be-back-in” there. Well, she sure has the hat for it.

I never saw Jeannine with such long, thick blond hair. Lucky her. It’s still a beautiful blond color, but not as long. Not long after that “bad hippie” influence on his kids, my brother brought them all to The Heart of America. 

Jeannine now lives in North Dakota. (Brrrr!) She and her husband have started sending me a railroad calendar for Christmas every year. 

Railroad calendars are almost as cool as hats.
Can you guess what month that is? It's 2014.

No comments: